Tuesday, March 24, 2009

38 Weeks and a Few Days

I went to my last dr. appointment today! Woo Hoo!!!

Everything looked good except for the first time ever - my blood pressure was high. A friend at school and I had joked earlier in the day that we had both hoped for high blood pressure so they would have to induce us. I had just told Jason the story on the way to the appointment. He said I hope not! Then the nurse told me that it was high. Arghhhh...

Dr. Wenzel came in and checked me out. Dilated to 4, effaced 80%, measurements good heartbeat good.... We discussed how long she would let me go and we talked her into Thursday! So Hammie will hopefully be born on March 26th a day before his/her big sister's birthday. Then I asked her if she was concerned about my bp and she said - holy cow. So off we headed to the hospital to be observed for an hour. Everything settled down so we left for home - picked up the kids for my beloved friend Mari and went to supper at Carlos O'Kelly's.

I am having some contractions, but still in prayer for consistency - the pain is usually there. I am not more uncomfortable then a few weeks ago, but just hate the anticipation and just want to have an end in sight. So my spirits are up!

So stay tuned - last day of work is Wednesday and then baby on Thursday if not sooner!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

OH MY WORD!! I am giddy with excitement!!

Sorry, was that a bit much, I can tone it down if needed, but am realllly excited for you guys!
Love you and keep us posted! I will need to purchase the appropriate gifts, and take a drive to visit you!
Sarah

Annika said...

We'll be praying for you! Can't wait to hear your good news :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you will get to finally meet the little one tomorrow. I'll keep you in my prayers that things go well for you all!

Anonymous said...

Bee and Jason .... congrats and our prayers are with you, and Hammie. Did you warn Hammie of the family, you know .... Grandpa Charlie and all? Did you tell Hammie about Wildcat basketball too? That's important ...

Prayers and Love,
lj

Jen said...

Yay! So excited! I've been wondering what the latest is. Sheryl and I were just talking yesterday on the phone about coming to see you on April 7th. I'm glad to know the baby will be born before then! Love you!

Julie Shaw said...

Good luck Brenda! We will be praying for you! Can't wait to see what this little baby is! Tell Ally happy Birthday for us!!