Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tana's Brith Story

Jason and I dropped the kids off with our friend Mari to take them to school. They were thrilled, excited and blustering with energy. We apologized as we left them with her.

Having gone through labor before, I knew that I needed to eat because who knows how long it will be before food again. After taking a quick but slow stop at Wal-Mart we ate some McD's and headed to the hospital about 8. I was the only person there - so lots of attention. Dr. Wenzel broke my water at about 9:00 and nothing happened. About 45 minutes later, the lovely pitocin arrived and started and still nothing. About 10:40 contractions started, but slow and inconsistent. Arghhhhh

They put some different monitors on me and ordered my friend Mr. Epidural. By the time (about 11ish) this lovely doctor arrived the contractions were pretty good and 2 minutes apart and fun. They decided that I needed to drain my bladder and things would be ready quickly after that - about 12:30.

At 1:00 they switched me to my other side which brought pain of contractions back - You are not suppose to feel these!!!! Mr. Epidural Doctor came back and gave me another shot of the good stuff at 1:15. THANK YOU! They let me go for about a half an hour and started getting stuff ready - I was still a little apprehensive - it has only been 2.5 hours since contractions started?

Well with three contractions Tana arrived nice and solid screaming a little after 2. By appearance she was definitely early, but had wide shoulders. Dr. Wenzel was glad that we induced her. Can you image what she would have weighed in 10 days?

1 comment:

Kim Harms said...

Congratulations!! Praise God for the Epidural Man - my favorite hospital employee!