Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Emotions

Tonight we took our last outing as a family of four to McD's for some ice cream. We have almost been a family of four longer than Jason and I were a family of 2 (2 months shy). As our kids are giggling in the back, Jason and I both are filled with such emotions. I feel a little guilty saying that I am sad that this time in our life with just A & D is ending. I know that the baby is going to bring so much joy - just like Ally and Drew do! But our comfortable life is going to be changed upside down for the good.

Anyone else feel this way?

3 comments:

Kiki said...

I remember feeling that way more when we added Kolby. Any change can do that.

Looking forward for tomorrow! Scared yet? I feel like there should be an evil laugh there!

jamie said...

i totally felt that way too- we can talk about it.. i have lots of emotions like that!

Anonymous said...

I felt exactly the same way, and Jason didn't understand it. Maybe it's a mom thing? We went to Brookside park with the boys the day before Megan was born and I knew it was the last time we'd be just the 4 of us, and I was really sad about that. But as soon as Megan was born I couldn't imagine ever not having her in the family. I've been thinking of you all today- hope things are going well :)