Thursday, March 5, 2009

Emergency Response Team

We need to work at house on our emergency response. We had a kind of "drill" the other morning. I was drying my hair and my hair dryer started to spark. Not wanting to get burned, I threw it on the carpeted bedroom floor with a scream. Jason came in to make sure that I was okay - sweet guy. He picked it up and turned it off.

This hair dryer is old and neither of us can remember when we bought it - probably not in our 11 years of marriage. He started to inspect it with the great knowledge of electricity. He had already scolded me about throwing it on the floor.

During his scientific inspection, he turned it on - DUMMY. It sparked and what did he do? Threw it on the floor.

We unplugged it and took it to the curb. The bad part was that I had only dried half my hair - so half frizzy and half straight - the kids at school did notice and asked why my hair was different.

So we learned that we will probably be the ones to start a fire in our stupidity of throwing something on the floor.

1 comment:

jamie said...

i would have screamed too! :)

yeah for babe maybe flippin!

i lost your email- can you email me.. then i'll put it in my contacts.
full moon on the 11th- hoping for the 10th.. but i'll be happy either way!
maybe we'll be in there together!