Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meeting the Crazies!

Sunday before Tana was born. We tried to get them to kiss my belly, but were uncooperative!

First Family picture!

Ally and Drew are so excited to have a baby sister. We called them first at school. Ally was in the library when I called so I talked to Drew first. His teacher said that he just stood there smiling ear to ear as I told him about his new sister. He didn't have a lot to say. Some of the few words out of his mouth were:

I really have a new sister! I love you Mommy!

Jason talked to Ally and he said Ally cheered when she found out. She had the role of going down to tell the teachers that I work with. She walked into the 7th grade teachers where 2 of her favorites are - Kate and Mari. Mari told me that she walked in glowing and very calm unlike the morning. She said - I was right it was a girl. Drew was wrong. I have a baby sister.

When they got to the hospital with my mom, Tana was still in the nursery getting cleaned up and checked over. They went down to watch the nurses and bring her back to our room. They have lots of pictures with their camera and danced around watching her - PRECIOUS!

Ally held her for some time, and at first Drew refused.

After going to supper with Jason, Drew decided that he would hold her and these are some of the best smiles that I have ever gotten out of him!

Whenever Tana starts to cry, Ally immediately goes over and starts singing Twinkle Twinkle to her. Tana almost immediately stops crying. It is cute - but we got to come up with more songs!

They are proud of their new sister. Ally told Grandma that she wanted Grandma to print some pictures off when they got home so she could take them to school. They will come back for a small birthday party on Friday. At least in the future if I can't make 2 cakes - the one can be girlie!

11 comments:

Jen said...

YAY! Congratulations! So excited for you guys!

David and Marianne said...

You got your girl!!! Congratulations!! I'd forgotten Ally's birthday was the day before mine and now Tana's the day before hers.... there's a lot of overlapping b-days on the Smith side it seems : ) By the way, how are you pronouncing Tana... (like the end of Montana)?? Just want to make sure I say it right. ps. you look beautiful, just like a glowing proud mommy should look!!

Carrie Sterner said...

How wonderful! Tara is beautiful and her cheeks are begging to be squeezed. How fun to see you all together. Can't wait to meet this sweet one.! Have fun....I love hospital nights!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. The family is beautiful. And the smile on Drew's face.... priceless. I want to babysit again, but only your children. Man oh man. Let's all move back to StL. Anyway, love you all and am so excited for Tara and her wonderful family. A true gift of God.
I do have to say congrats to you Brenda, or Jason. Whoever put this blog together so quickly is amazing. You guys are on top of things.
Liz

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that is what I get for not previewing my comment. Her name is Tana, not Tara. So sorry. :)
Liz

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!
Kristine and Rich

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jason and Brenda. Daddy was right... A Girl. So happy for you. Now Jason...RELAX.

Lisa

allison said...

She is beautiful and I love the name! I cannot wait to see her in person and cuddle up with her.

The pictures are adorable. And Brenda you look amazing after going through labor.

Enjoy your stay at the hospital. Don't forget to take full advantage of the nurses!

makenna25 said...

Congrats guys!! What great older siblings Tana has!! Can't wait to meet her!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you and your family!

~Jamie (Day) Morgan

Sarah said...

This post made me cry a bit.... So sweet how they responded to her, and how Drew came around to hold Tana, and Aly singing to her! Precious!
Love you!
Not sure we will make it up t visit as I intended, snotty noses and sore throats may prevent it for now. We will come to visit though... rest assured.