Thursday, March 19, 2009

Morning Craft

I love to sew, but not clothes! Curtains, burp clothes (we need a lot of these!), blankets etc. My new adventure was a Bible bag for Ally. She has been asking for it for awhile and it really can't be that hard.

I told Jason that I wanted to make it reversible. When I asked how he thought I should do it - he said it would be easier if you didn't make it reversible. Well Mr. Downer - it would have been easier not to do the box joint on the new shelves too, but it looks cooler!

I picked out some material the other day and shouldn't have showed it to her because she continually asks when are we (we????) going to make my bag. Last night I did an internet search and watched a Martha Stewart video on how to do it. Got it all out and started and finished it this morning in less than an hour and a half!

While working on it and Ally talking continuously beside me asking about the stories in her Bible and blah blah blah, she said - I like making crafts with you, it's fun. (Meanwhile - Drew played in his room all by himself - QUIETLY!!!)

So here is our finished project. We have plans this afternoon to make a headband for her new shorter hair!

2 comments:

allison said...

super cute! i would love to make one for makenna. i'll have to get more detailed instructions sometime.

jamie said...

way to go martha!