Saturday, March 21, 2009

Forgiveness

The other night Jason surprised me with a date! He called Larissa all by himself and got her to babysit. Her husband is on a spring break work trip with 24-7 so she didn't have a lot of excitement going on.

We enjoyed supper and shopping. Man I don't know if we go on any dates where it is only a date. It seems that it is always a date to Target. But Ally's birthday is in a week and we hope to be slightly preoccupied before it - we hope.

While Larissa was here the kids decided that she needed to hear about God. Drew wanted to make sure that she had her sins forgiven so that she could go "up there" and Ally asked her why they came to small group. "Don't you already know about God?"

This bring Jason and I joy as this has been a common theme in our household starting a couple weeks ago when Drew asked for God's phone number so he could call and ask for forgiveness. He decided not to do it that day, but a couple days later while him and I were playing on the computer. He asked me to show him how to pray. He also talked with Grandpa Charlie about it the other night when they spent the night on the farm.

I know that God is working in both of their hearts and it is fun to see them understand God's love and salvation.

2 comments:

Andrea G. said...

Oh Brenda, what a joy! My eyes are filling with tears. I can't wait for that day... I pray for it!

jamie said...

so sweet!