Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Corn Season!

Not sure if everywhere in the US has corn stands on the side of the roads, but it is always exciting in IA to have corn on the cob. Everyone knows where the good stands are. The best place in Ames is a house on 24th Street.

In Appleton there are not very many options and I don't want to look for a farmer's market! So I will have to trust the grocery store sign that says "From Local Farmers."

Drew is learning from his Daddy how to eat corn. He makes an absolute mess! There is corn everywhere!!!


Ally is becoming a professional corn eater - which would make both grandpas proud. She eats in a row all the way across and then goes to the next. Some might think that is showing signs of being anal at a young age.


Jason is getting his picture in because of is show-off abilities. He told me that I could take pictures of his undies later and post them, but no one wants to see that. We need to start an undies fund for him!


After supper we headed out to make a bigger mess with ice cream. I will have to post those tomorrow night. Jason is driving me crazy with his snoring on the couch. I guess Letterman wasn't that exciting!

3 comments:

Kiki said...

Corn stands are definitly NOT everywhere in the US. In fact, the corn at the store here in CT isn't worth buying.

amy said...

can't say i have ever seen a corn stand. i have seen produce stands that sell all types of produce, but never just corn. we miss you guys!

Brenda Rae said...

Kristy that is so sad because I know that you probably miss corn soooo much! Sage would love it!