Thursday, August 3, 2006

Ice Cream Fans!

If you know Jason really well then you know that one of his favorite foods is ice cream. He especially loves vanilla with strawberries. It is not difficult to talk him into going to get ice cream.


A long time ago on a girl's night, my friend Sheryl and I went to Des Moines. We went to hang out at Barnes and Noble. I remember buying my wedding planning book there with her. Afterwards she said we had to go to her favorite ice cream place. It sounded fishy that they put you ice cream on a marble slab and mix things in - how can this be better than DQ. Well it was! Maggie Moos has become my favorite ice cream shop. We found one by chance in STL in Ladue on our way to one of the few Barnes and Nobles one night. We also got lucky when driving around one night in WI. I don't think that Iowa City has one yet.

I didn't have a camera last night, but my phone works kind of. Like I said - Jason loves ice cream and is not a very good sharer. The kids had their own ice cream, but kept asking for a bite. I think that it is nearly impossible to say no to either one of their cute smiles and cunning "bite pease", but Jason had no problem. But they were persistent and continued to beg.

The crazy man bought them cotton candy ice cream - I blame this on him because he was the one who ordered it. Not only was it 8:00 almost and cotton candy - but BRIGHT BLUE! To say the least, they both needed baths by the end of the adventure.


So if you see a Maggie Moos - stop and enjoy a waffle cone. Jason's favorite is strawberry with oreos. I change it up but like batter with butterfingers or butter pecan with oreos. Personally it is better than Coldstone and in a close race with Fritz's!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda, I haven't written yet, just got the computer up and going in the great white north here. But, have to put a comment on here. I MISS YOUR KIDS!!!! Thanks for doing this spot, if only for my sake. haha. AND, I love maggie moo's too. Great place. They have them in Oklahoma so i go with the girls. I will write you a LONG note soon. Hi and hugs to everyone.

amy said...

my dad is the only other person who likes ice cream as much as jason.

(can you email me any contact info you have for the wagners? thanks!)

Anonymous said...

try cold stone creamery... same principle, but they have birthday cake ice cream YUMMMOOO!
Ashley