Wednesday, August 9, 2006

My Hero

We had a big thunderstorm this morning that only lasted about 30 minutes but caused us a small headache. Jason was about ready to leave this morning but I talked him into staying a couple minutes so that he didn't get so wet running to the car. I don't think he would have really been able to see the road either. He ran downstairs to check the forcast on the internet. A couple minutes - I means (that is for you Mel) seconds he came up. "I know where the water came from last week." Calmly he said that our basement was quickly filling with water.

Water was GUSHING in through the wall where the pipes come in the OLD farm house. GUSHING means water flowing in full force through a 4 inch hole. He gets a broom and I call my mom so my dad can help and bring the stuff to clean that is in STL storage. Remember it is 6:15 in the morning!

An hour later the mud - yes mud - was cleaned up mainly off the floor and the standing water was gone. My dad ran to Grinnell to my uncles carpet cleaning business to get a massive fan to blow under the carpet.

I was getting out of bed at the time to come work on the computer. If Jason hadn't stayed I might have cussed when I saw all the water. What would I have done without my sweetheart? Freak out with the 4 inches of water on the floor inching closer to my computer. I guess our morning has started off with quite a BANG!

1 comment:

AKA said...

I would have just sat down and cried upon seeing all the water!