Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Snow Day!

I typically don't like phone calls at 5:40 in the morning, but today it was slightly welcomed! We are suppose to experience an ice storm that could be as bad as last years that knocked out power to a lot of people for a really long time. I headed to the grocery store with the other 4000 people in North Liberty last night. I haven't ever been to the grocery store when the carts were ALL gone. We took a basket looking for food that we could eat without warming up. That is harder than it looks!

I went to bed with hopes that it would really start sleeting - kind of. I would have liked a late start, but it is too bad to go out today. I know that Jason would have prefered us to be gone today.

As I was lying in bed trying to go back to sleep after my dad's phone call to see how we were doing, Ally joins me. I tried to get her back in her bed for 15 minutes, but 15 minutes to her is about 3 minutes real time. She came back and started telling me about how she fell at school the other day and got a "boobies" - what?????? I said - no Ally "boo-boos."

And that was the start to a wonderful day....

1 comment:

AKA said...

Falling and getting boobies - hilarious! We had ice, but the roads are fine and its all melting in the rain today.