Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Ugly Sweaters!

Many heads turned and looked twice at me in the Hawkeye sweater but really it wasn't a big deal. I have (and probably will always be) a Hawk fan at heart - I just went to Iowa State and won't cheer for Iowa when they play ISU. (I'd post a picture, but my eyes look terrible in it.)

But I wasn't in the contest since mine was only "ugly." Many of the women teachers had some pretty good sweaters on, but none hideous. They were the infamous "teacher" sweaters. I don't know if I would ever buy some of these sweaters because I'm also "not that old."

BUT the boys out did the womem by far! I had to leave before the judging of the sweaters for Jason's tonsil appt - who do you think won? (You can click on any of the pictures to get a bigger and closer look at the beautiful detail.)

Pete: (far left) He wonderful sweater was a gift to his sister-in-law a few years ago. His wife got one also. They wore their matching sweaters to school. Pete doesn't usually sport the stylish facial hair, but today was a special occassion.

Steve Carey (aka scarey): Steve has a homemade sweatshirt that he bought at goodwill. His outfit is complimented with his green velour pants. The tuba is also his. To start my day off on a good foot - he came out of his room (across from me) playing jaws. He is hilarious!

Last is Brent: Brent's wife, Bridey made his sweater. She sewed on the lace ruffle on the top and ironed on the tree and some candy for an added touch. Brent wore some cowboy boots and a belt buckle for the occasion. He also never slicks his hair and definitely not down the middle. This is completely out of character for our quiet Brent.

The picture below is Joe our PE teacher. He has a lovely vest type sweater on. If you look closely it has kitties. I think this sweater shows his more compassionate side.

And one on the backside too for an added touch.

What do you think? Who should have won?

Side note: There are more teachers in our building we ain't that small.

No comments: