Friday, December 7, 2007

Winter Friends

The last few days have been interesting to say the least. Jason is getting his tonsils and other stuff out - but planning for this "main" event has caused me a slight bit of stress. We got a lovely ice storm last weekend but it was gone before school to start, but the antipication of another storm. On Thursday afternoon I was sure that the snow was to stop in time for the plows to get out and get it off the roads. We only got a little more than 3 inches, but on top of the ice made it a fun trip home!

We went out for supper for Jason's "last supper" or an excuse to not make supper. We got home and had promised that good kids could play out in the snow. We bundled them up and played (Jason and I scooped the drive) for over an hour. The driveway with ice made a pretty good hill for sledding. Drew cried and cried when we had to come in. They haven't gotten to go outside all week at school since the playground is still covered in ice.

After getting the kiddos in bed, we watched Survivor. I was wrong. Denise was crazy not to vote for Erik and that will come back to haunt her unless she can get immunity one of the next two weeks and that Phy-Gee doesn't. No contestant in their right mind would take Denise of Phy-Gee to the final three. I think that Amanda will win unless the jury decides that she wasn't the "dudette" in charge and that she was riding on Todd's coat tails. Courtney (skinny girl) doesn't have a chance - no one likes her. So my prediction now is on Todd for winning. How is that Mariah? For those of you who could care less - sorry it's my blog!

When we went to bed I looked out the front window in "grandma rhonda's" room, I discovered about 10 or so friends in the field across from our house. Jason thinks that they are still nibbling on the alfalfa in the field. It was amazing to see so many deer so close in the peaceful snow. They were still chewing away when we got up before the break of dawn. I wonder if those are one of the same crew that Jason tried to take out on our way to supper. Supposedly Amana is where there are so many problems with deer but in my 2 years there I have yet to have one scampe out in front of me (knock on wood!), but it is daily entertainment in our subdivision - I LOVE IT!!!

No comments: