Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Speller

Ally loves to write. This might be an understatement because she is ALWAYS asking how to spell something. She hasn't quite got the concept of spaces, but who cares she's four! We have been daily writing out "letters to Santa" for her to copy. She also hasn't quite gotten the concept of left to right but once again who cares she's four!

One morning while I was still yapping in the hall to a fellow co-worker, Ally and Drew were messing around in my room as they usually do. They like the dry erase board or the computers or standing on the desks. I walked in gathered them up and took them to class. When I got back, I was getting my boards ready for the day when I noticed Ally's writing on the board. At first I didn't realize it, but then noticed that she figured out how to spell "Drew". Yes it is backwards in more than one way, but I was proud of her. She will be better speller than me!

2 comments:

amy said...

totally didn't get 'DREW' until you said it. i thought she just misspelled 'WORD'. Too cute! Trip loves to Draw, but doesn't know how to write his letters yet! Can't believe Ally will be 5 in a few months! off to Kindergarten... CRAZY!!

Brenda Rae said...

and Jason has promised me teaars on that day from him and not me!