Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Artic

It is bitter cold here! We typically don't have extra blankets on our bed, but the last couple nights have required more. We woke up to NEGATIVE 11 degrees and a cold bathroom floor. We dressed in layers for church and asked the kids to get their shoes on. What does Drew come in with - not his snow boots which he wore all day yesterday and to bed? Instead my creative little guy found his sandles in his closet and continued to argue with us to let him wear them.

I tried - you'll get snow in your socks. Didn't work - You can carry me, Mom.

I tried - your feet will get cold. Didn't work - I will take them in the van and put them on at church.

Finally I decided that reasoning with him wouldn't work, so we pried them off his feet and put his tennis shoes on. I wish some of my 8th graders' parents would stop them from wearing flip flops to school in this weather!

No comments: