Sunday, January 27, 2008

Only Ones

I think that we are the only ones in the neighborhood to shovel our backyard. You might think we are crazy, but this is a ingenious concoction created by my dad, Jason and I to make our lives much easier! On Friday we had about 100 pieces of dry wall delivered - good thing Ally and I were home to accept the delivery! She was "sick", but only threw-up once!

In STL when we finished the basement, we paid the guys to carry it to the basement. They huffed and puffed for over an house carrying it down. I felt so sorry for them, but could only offer my condolences and some Mountain Dew - I was prego with Drew. This time we couldn't get them to carry it down so we were stuck with it in the garage. Now don't forget it is quite chilly outside and vehicles don't like to start and are very cold when they sit outside!

We shoveled a path to the backyard, pulled off a fence section, shoveled a path tot he patio door and tada! Dad brought over his truck so the drywall would lay flat and we bribed a couple good friends to come over on a Friday night to help. I know that Jesse didn't know what he was getting into! We originally thought that they would have to carry it from the fence to the door, but the truck BARELY fit through the fence!

Drew was a great help and stayed up late while Ally was asleep by 7:30 - she really wasn't feeling good!

Thank you good friends and dad!

No comments: