Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Day 2 without Jason

I just didn't want to get out of bed this morning. My heater is in WI sleeping with 6 other dudes (not in the same bed)! It seems like forever until he will come home, but I know that it is just a few days. I was lucky that in the first few years of our marriage he didn't have to travel for work. Now it is really only 1 or so day a month which really isn't that bad, but I would much rather him be home. He says that he would rather be home too, but I know how much he likes to sprawl out in a hotel bed!!!

He told me this morning that I could send emails to him since he has his blackberry with him, but I thought that today would be crazy and it was. President Bush has blessed teachers with standardized testing which I don't like, but it really makes me think about what my kids are learning and IF they are learning. We take a computerized test 3 times a year and today was my turn. Typically it isn't bad, but things just didn't seem to be flying my way today. Wrong test uploaded - sorry to my few that had to retake it:( Crashing computers, lack of computers, talking kids, impatient teachers (including me!) By the end of the day I did get all but 10 finished and the scores look pretty good. We talk a lot about growth goals and working hard. It is fun to see the excitement on their faces when they reach the goal that I encouraged them to get.

Tonight we were going to do some shopping, but my instincts told me that continual fighting between Thing 1 and Thing 2 when we got home would probably not be a great idea but my van DESPERATELY needed a bath - I was embarrassed to drive it to school today - gravel roads.

So my sweetie - I hope that you are having a great night laughing and being a witness. I know that you are bummed that you had to eat a Cesear salad, steak and baked potato instead of our hot dogs and KRAFT mac and cheese. I know you miss the hugs in the morning and at bedtime, but we will give you extras when you get back.

We love you and miss you and pray for your safe return on Friday!

No comments: