Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Great Day

I feel like a little kid! The weather forcast is for a blizzard.

From my friends at Wikipedia...
A blizzard is a severe winter storm condition characterized by low temperatures, strong winds, and heavy blowing snow. Blizzards are formed when a high pressure system, also known as a ridge, interacts with a low pressure system; this results in the advection of air from the high pressure zone into the low pressure area. The term blizzard is sometimes misused by news media to describe a large winter storm that does not actually satisfy official blizzard criteria.

According to Environment Canada, a winter storm must have winds of 40 km/h (25 mph) or more, have snow or blowing snow, visibility less than 1 km (about 5⁄8 mile), a wind chill of less than −25 °C (−13 °F), and that all of these conditions must last for 4 hours or more before the storm can be properly called a blizzard.

Most adults look at this and go - ahhh slow going on the way home from work, but me NOPE!!! It means school (or work to me!) has some changes hopefully! In Iowa if you make it to school it counts! We found out about 9:00 that we were getting out THREE hours early. This means business if it earlier than our 1:15 early out time! We moved lunch times around - the elementary ate at 10 and I was out the door by 12:25 and home in our nice warm cozy house by 1. The only problem - I have to run Ally to the dr for her stinkin' green snot and low grade fever later.

They have closed some of the interstates already - it is heading our way! The wind is crazy. I got out to get the mail and had a hard time getting my door back open. And think I saw several girls with flip flops on and boys with no coats! Maybe we can get a late start too! I just still want to get there. I hate making the days up!

Now can I get something done while I am here or do I lay on the couch like I want to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.