Thursday, January 17, 2008

Subpoenaed

Yesterday I got a lovely surprised towards the end of the day. I got called out of class (which RARELY happens) to the office. I was met at the door by a county sheriff. I was a little flustered at first, but he handed me a pink paper and I quickly noticed, "Subpoenaed" and the date - January 22 - ARGGGGHHHH. At first I was confused on why, but noticed the last name of a kid that I had for a couple months - custody case.

So I get to go to court on my birthday. I hope it doesn't last too long and that it is only one afternoon. I don't have much to say since I didn't have the student long and have met one parent for 30 minutes. Should be interesting!

Looking back - I should have been freaked out that the officer had other news for me. Praise the Lord he didn't!

It is freezing here in the promise land and the outlook for warmer weather doesn't look good. Bummed out that the snow predictions didn't come up to what we wanted for a no school day, but oh well - earlier summer break - positive outlook!

No comments: