Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My Big Day

I am now one less than 8 times my daughters age - which puts me at old. I had one girl tell me that you are a year younger than my mom - YIKES!!!

It was a good day for all of you that played apart. The first present actually came last Friday afternoon about 3 bells - a call from the attorney's office that said the court date had been postponed - not cancel though. So to my 5th hours delight I was there - which was what they wanted!

I got up and Jason made me some pancakes and we got a LATE start which is pleasant any day, but made is extra great. The roads weren't too bad either. At school my "birthday buddy" Marla made cookies for the lounge and gave me a basket of goodies. She was so thoughtful and brought a smile to my face - unexpected surprises are the best.

I made cookies for my students which brought smiles to their faces, but not quiet mouths - snow never does. My 5th hour class is my birthday class. They each bring treats for their birthday. They sang to me and made some beautiful cards. Whoever said that 8th graders are crazy - I disagree - I love them very much.

I got a special call from my dear friend Ann and a message from Amy that brought smiles to my face. Family is suppose to remember and they all did but friends that take the extra time out of their day are blessings!

Supper - a mexican theme but ribs and a cake (that I didn't get to blow out the candles - Thanks Aunt Rachel (and Drew and Ally) made by my mom was delicious.

The only disappointment was that my kids on Friday had voted for Jason to decorate me a Little Mermaid cake. He let my mom do it since he ran out of time. They were upset and think that he still should try it - maybe for Valentines day!

Only 364 days til my next big day!

No comments: