Friday, June 22, 2007

Boys Will ALWAYS Be Boys!

Believe it or not this is not about Drew! I type this as I shake my head and roll my eyes. It is POURING again and supposedly last night somewhere around here got 6 inches of rain. We guess we got about 2.5 inches which is still a lot. (Side note: 6 inches of rain = 48 inches of snow or 2.5 in of rain = 20 in of snow). We were standing on the porch enjoying the people driving by not realizing that the storm sewer was plugged once again. They make HUGE splashes! Drew brought out his lawn chair to enjoy and a good Care Bear book.

Jason pondered having his old black F250. He would take me home at nights and find all the good "puddles" on the way to Towers (my dorm). "Wish I could still do that." Enjoying the little romantism that we have left - I said we could do it after the kids go to bed in our little Dodge Dakota. Jason stepped back inside and Drew and I gazed into the night. Jason ran back out and I asked what are you doing? He just smiled and raised his keys.

Drew and I sat watching amazed as the water sprayed EVERYWHERE. I don't think the new neighbors sitting in their drive-way were impressed, but Ally and Drew were. I guess that is what counts.

The kids got in with him and buckled up and went for their turn. Supposedly Ally was scared. I am sure Drew wasn't. Well their ride wasn't all that impressive. The splash and the speed of the truck was dull. I thought Jason was trying to be safe with them in the truck, but I noticed that he was having a difficult time turning around. Great.

After watching for about 5 minutes pondering what the neighborhood would think of us when they woke up on Saturday morning with Jason's truck parked crooked in the road, I got in the car and drove AROUND the subdivision to him. He had gotten in started I thought and was working his way back to the house slowly through the water. Hummm and he is in the top 5% smartest people - I don't think so! Come to find out - he was pushing the truck. AHHH why didn't he push it to the side and hope that it dried out enough to start in the morning. After hauling the kids back to the house in the rain, Jason got out the shovel to move the "thingys" so the water could go down. The water was up to his thigh. He did get the truck started kind of and got it out of the water and close to the house so it wouldn't look so suspicous. Let's hope this doesn't cost us a pretty penny!

Drew was very impressed and I guess someday I will look forward to hearing the silly boy stories from him.

3 comments:

AKA said...

That sounds like a good ol' time! And that's a great pic of the truck in action.

amy said...

hilarious! so... i didn't get it from the post... did the truck die b/c the water was too deep, or is something else wrong & just a coincidence that it died during the puddle splashing?

Brenda Rae said...

too much puddle splashing - sounds like a cylinder was too wet to spark. It was running this morning! Praise God!