Thursday, June 21, 2007

Grocery Shopping Again?

How much food can two little kids eat in a day? I know they aren't the only ones eating from our cupboards, but oh my they only weigh 34 and 37 pounds! (Drew has slowed considerably don't you think - remember that my chunk was 29 plus as his 1 yr apt and only 34 lbs at 2. Ally on the other hand was 32 at 2, 3, and up to 34 at 4!)

At the begining of the summer we headed out the to two shopping cart run at Wal-Mart. Typically that can last us up to 3 or 4 wks depending on how creative we get and a few small stops for milk and bread. This time I was searching after 2 wks and determined to get to 3. After two trips to Fareway and spend $60 decided to go for the big one and stop the small spending trips where I was spluging on the fun stuff instead of the necessities! When we got home, Jason hesitantly asked how much we spent.

Just being home has reminded me that we eat a lot of cereal and eggs and french toast in the morning. We go through tons of milk with my little cow fanatic Drew - or should I say the chocolate cows. They eat fairly healthy for us with fruits and veges at every meal which means I needed to up my vege purchase. I had forgotten that we were eating 10 more meals at home that during the school year.

The other funny thing that I have been going through like water - dish washing detergent. A bottle used to last us a couple months - about 7 meals a week and Jason's ice cream snacks at night. Now I run it after 3 meals. Goodness - I thought I would save lots of money this summer but not the way my kids are eating!

Side note: Cookies (which we were out of!) also seem to be the bribe that Drew will take to go potty...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Funny! I am in the oppisite corner! Oh...I love being at camp. Although my family does get tired of the frozen pizza on the weekends. Since I don't cook during the week, you would think that I could try making something good over the weekend. It doesn't seem to happen. Sounds like we need to come visit the Willis'!
Sarah