Monday, June 11, 2007

Learn From Us!

I grew up loving to miniature golf. I stink at the real thing. That was one of the evening adventures on a lot of family vacations and Saturday night family outings! Jason and I have gone to most of the St. Charles county mini golf courses and could tell you which ones NOT to go to and some good ones and the ones that have mosquito breeding grounds.

Iowa doesn't have too many mini golf places. First - our summers are much shorter and probably couldn't sustain the business. Second - Iowans are smarter than Miserians and know to stay away from the mosquitoes!

I was complaining about the lack of mini golf places to a friend at school and she told me about a couple in CR. For some reason those these are impossible to find in the yellow pages or on the computer so if you are in CR and can tell me the name and where the ones are by Edgewood and 16th NW or by Marion - I would love to know.

I did finally find one by the airport which opened a couple weeks ago. It was beautiful. Lots of pretty waterfalls - hint... We went with Grandma Rhonda and Grandpa Charlie for supper and then for an adventure. I should just leave it at that. I will let you paint your own picture of my kids running around with a METAL putters and small hard golf balls. Water and lots of other people.

They had a blast BUT they have no putting form and don't understand the etiquette of mini golf which is what Grandpa Charlie was trying to install in them!

No comments: