Friday, June 29, 2007

Put on the DL

Last Sunday night, I mowed the lawn. Man what 6 inches of rain and a little sunshine will do to a lawn. Monday I thought I was going to die. My upper chest hurt and pain was shooting down my arm. By Tuesday night, I was better with only a few pains. I checked with my local know-it all webmd and told them my symptons and they said it was probably a problem with a nerve in my arm. It was not until today that I realized the stupid lawn mower was causing this pain.

Being the loving wife that has other projects for her husband to do, I volunteer to mow the lawn. I get to sweat and feel like I accomplish something. I did it early this morning to have the added benefit of the cool air. By noon I was wishing my arm would be amputated and Drew wanted carried - ahhhhh. Now as you get ideas on how could you do this and think that I am actually a wimp, you must know that we have some steep inclines that are tricky to hold the mower on.

Jason says that I am on the 15 day DL (disabled list - for you non-baseball fans). Also - I didn't realize how many things you do with your arm for holding. Jason might have to clean the house too!

No comments: