Monday, June 11, 2007

Liberty Days

Our big city of 5000 people have a 4 day celebration called Liberty Days. Now don't misunderstand and think that it compares to the Balloon Glow or any of the St. Louis extravaganzas, but it is all we have so we decided to enjoy it.

They had a carnival for all the poor parents to spend oddles of moo-laa on stupid rides that looked as dangerous as they were. Thursday night was the kick off (after all the tornado sirens and warnings). You could pay $10 (per person) to ride the rides unlimited. Some of the rides needed an adult so I volunteered Jason to get the third arm band - I hate to spin.

I think that I added it up and if we would have bought individual rides it would have been close to $90. It wasn't Disney, but for Iowa ahh it still stunk but brought lots of smiles to my kiddos faces.

Watching this ride made me sick!

This was a riot - It was the slowest carrousel I have ever seen - Jason was thrilled as you can tell by his face.

On Friday night the whole town showed up for the parade consisted of every group that had more than 3 members and a truck to haul their families. We didn't ask about the parade route and we happened to sit near the beginning - mistake!!! People still have LOTS of candy at the beginning of the parade - sit at the end! We came home with 2 ice cream buckets full of candy. My 8th graders will be happy in the fall because Ally and Drew aren't going to eat all those tootsie rolls! The highlight of the parade was going with our neighbors - Rachel and Jeff and Ethan. We saw lots of friends in the parade too - like Chris and Mandy Mallicott!

1 comment:

Michelle Ross said...

My mom's town in Iowa has Ridiculous Day (Washington)- that was really fun!