Friday, June 8, 2007

John Traveling to Afghanistan

As I was digging through the office mounds I found a letter from our college friend, John Andrus. He is leaving today for a 2 week stay in Afghanistan to share about Jesus and then to Kazakhstan to visit his sister Julie and family. If you knew John, he has a HUGE heart for people who don't know Jesus. He is traveling with two older women from their church.

Their plan is to do a lot of prayer walking since the country is closed to the gospel. He said that the people in Afghanistan are very influenced by dreams, please pray that God will use their dreams to prepare hearts for their coming.

Obviously John needs prayer in this war zone, but his wife, Jenny, (one of my 7 college roommates!) is at home with their FIVE kids. Their youngest is not quite a year old and their oldest should be about 8. Pray for her to trust God and that things will run smoothly at home while he is gone.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Bee-
When does John leave? We will be praying for the Lord to move through John, and that Jenny will hold her family together well. I hope that they will be able to come to the Family Weekend Retreat! Maybe the Willis' should come too!
Love Sarah

Anonymous said...

I was excited to get this info to pray about too - my son doesn't always keep me informed:)
I do not have your telephone number so please contact me, I would love to see you sometime this summer and share some of the newest scrapbooking stuff now while you are not busy with school.
Thanks for all your sharing - it so excites me to see/hear of the Lord's blessings!
Sandy