Thursday, July 5, 2007

Children's Museum

On Tuesday we headed out to get some material for the roof on the playhouse. Feeling a little bit insane, I decided to get some lunch at the mall and go to the Children's Museum for a couple of hours in hopes of wearing out my children so they would take good naps and to play of course!

I called up my friend Kate, who just returned from her honeymoon in Hawaii to meet us at Bread Co. We enjoyed a nice lunch of the most expensive grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly ever. Right before we left Kate to return some wedding presents, I said - Drew I didn't bring the diaper bag so NO ACCIDENTS (meaning poop!) in your pull-up.

We really enjoy the Children's Museum because it has several "exhibits". Basically it is little kids play areas. They have:

  • Medical section with an ambulance, dentist chair, x-ray machine, and all the dr. toys.
  • Grocery store - I hate that one, but that is the kids' favorite.
  • Iowa habitat area of animal stuff
  • Force and motion (Mommy and Daddy's favorite it hits our mathematical minds!)
  • Farm area - can't live in Iowa and not be a farm lover!
  • Sand box - yes a mess
  • Art center - haven't ventured in there yet, looks scary with Drew
  • Indonesian exhibit - new this summer with dress-up clothes and fun info and toys


There are several more spots to visit but these are some that I can remember. I don't think we were there more than 15 minutes before Ally told Drew that he stunk. I don't "tink", I'm Andew Ason Wilus - very offended. Oh yes he did. Ally had been so excited to come that I didn't want to ruin the adventure and go home - so what were my options? 1. Let it go and pretend that I don't notice the stench and hope that the other moms don't either, 2. Clean him up and get a pair of extra panties (girl ones) from the car (THEN hoping for no accidents!!!), 3. Go to Target, buy diapers and wipes since I also used the last wipe at lunch to clean up.

Ally and I choose option three and headed over with our "tink". We cleaned up and had a blast had the museum. In the picture above at the Pizza Palace, they made me a germ (mushroom) and sausage pizza. Drew served drinks and made him poor Mommy pay for her meal!

No comments: