Tuesday, July 31, 2007

So Busy But Nothing to Say

I should have tons to blog on, but nothing comes out. I guess I could recap the weekend with the tidbits of funny if I can remember them in old age.

1. Out with friends - Kate and Jim - I think that we provided some good birth control for them at supper. I think the scream - I have to go poopy from Drew was all it took or maybe it was the ketchup down the back of my shirt from Drew's hands.

2. Sunday we headed to Victor to set up for VBS at my home church. I am doing the Bible lesson. I would have done it at our church, but it was the week after school got out and it only went down to kindergarten so my kids would have been in nursery/day care for another week. In Victor they are in a class and are getting worn out which means good naps for mommy this week.

Exciting things - small group which we are going to co-lead (exciting word) this fall. Jason won't have to teach much at first, I would assume. We are partnering with an elder from our church. We are excited for fellowship of believers that are hard to find on a Sunday morning. Pray for small groups at Parkview. They have wonderful ministries, but this is the only ministry that is lacking. We have been blessed with two other churches from our past that did small groups so well.

Another exciting part of our fall (not going to school - we are dreading that no more sleeping til 9 for Drew) is hosting 24-7's leadership team meetings for a few weeks in the fall. This type of ministry was so important to our lives as college students. We are excited to give back even if it means just opening our doors so they have a comfy place to sit and learn about Christ.

I said we were busy but you see I couldn't come up with too much that we are doing. Lots of swimming, playing, reading, studying, cars, building furniture (really a dresser - no code words). Two weeks of summer and I am going to live it up!

2 comments:

amy said...

likely story about the dresser... i'll be expecting a call within a couple of months with some exciting news.... :0)

Brenda Rae said...

and i thought i would be dodging the comments but scoggins - you came through!!! if you don't get it ask scoggins or millikens - the first care group joke