Monday, July 23, 2007

College Buddies

This weekend we finally got to get together with some of our college friends. I think the last time we were altogether was for Jason's birthday in 2002. All three of us girls were pregnant, but only Kristine and Kim knew it. Our story starts with TSC and a company name Jensen Design Build. Jason and Rich (middle dude) lived close to each other in the dorms and I think they must have known Cory from work because he lived out by me. They all worked together with this guy named Todd who was the freshman director their previous year. Jason, Rich and Cory spent the summer in Todd's families basement. I would post a picture of Todd and Kendra, but Kendra might never talk to me again! (Below is Elly - Rich's oldest daughter)

Then all three young men fell in love with three wonderful women and got married a couple summers later (all within 6 months). Todd and his wife took us all in to a connection group (care group, small group - whatever you call them). We learned about God, we learned about marriage, and we became great friends. Soon Rich graduated first - I think on time, then came Jason 2 years later, and then came Cory another 2 years later. They were all the same age??? We all went our separate ways, but stayed in touch.

Our families have now grown to have 4, 3, and 2 children - Jason and I are behind and like it that way! We tried to take a picture of all the kids, but as you can see they wouldn't hold still and I wasn't good with my mom's camera since I forgot mine! Todd and Kendra add 4 kids to the mix. The poor girls were out-numbered (4 girls and 9 boys).

We are already looking forward to next summer with all the super heros!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great little summary of the group! Haven't gotten my pictures posted yet, but may get to it later today. It was so much fun hanging out with you guys. We have to do it more than once every 5 years!