Saturday, July 14, 2007

Rabbits and Turtles


Our adventure and fun was to Lowes tonight. If the kids ate their food at supper they could play on the "tractors" for awhile - which is one of Drew's favorite activity. Look out Andy Gross here comes your mentor!!!

I usually am looking at the flowers or something during this big event, but tonight I was waiting and trying out my own tractor. All of a suppen Ally yelled - this one kills turtles and rabbits too - as if it was not a new concept for here. A little confused Jason chuckled knowing exactly what I was missing. He told me to think about it and look at the tractor. Yes the throttle had a bunny and turtle on it. Jason thinking it was hilarious didn't want to share the truth, but knowing that I would be embarassed if our daughter told people in church the next morning that she played on tractors that killed rabbits and turtles.

I don't think she quite understood the fast (rabbit) and slow (turtle) concept but at least I hope she understand that it doesn't kill them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! I love hearing what comes out of the minds of kids.

jared said...

thats one of the funniest things i've heard in awhile. i got a good laugh - thanks Ally!

amy said...

hilarious! i was trying to think of why a rabbit & turtle would be pictured on the lawn tractors (it has been a LONG time since i have actually been on one). that ally cracks me up!