Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Cow vs. Pig

You see a poll on the sidebar which I have wanted to do for awhile. Many nights as we eat this question comes up, if God were to take cows or pigs away forever - which would you want him to take?

This has caused many serious discussions in the Willis household - we are farm kids. I grew up on pork burgers and Jason is obviously a dairy kid even though he never drinks milk. For once we have agreed and proud of it! We have decided that cows can go - they don't bring us enough good stuff to eat. But as I write, I don't know if Jason considered the ice cream factor...

Our reasoning...
Cows - steak, burgers, roast, ribs (tougher than pork)....
Pigs - sausage (Jason's fav), bacon, ham, pepperoni, pork loin, iowa chops (takes the place of steaks), brats, mountain rocky oysters (I refuse to eat these!), roast, ribs, and ground pork (makes good burgers)...

We wouldn't want to sway you one way or another. What are your reasons? And if you have never had an Iowa Chop, you need to visit the Klaassen farm.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes...Pork is wonderful. Ahh...the smell of bacon and sausage! Just thinking about is makes my mouth water. Props to pork for being affordable! Ground pork is cheap! It is also healthy! Hardly any fat! My kids prefer it. Jonah will not eat Spaghetti Sauce with beef in it. It has to be pork.
But...I love my red meat too.
Pork it is!
Sarah

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhh can't we get rid of a chicken instead????? i love pork burgers and i can't live without out my AJ'S STEAK HOUSE!

Brenda Rae said...

Chicken - goodness no - how would Ally survive????

Anonymous said...

well she thinks certain meats are chicken just tell her they changed the chicken

AKA said...

This is probably the hardest decision I've been faced with in months, but I gotta stick with beef and say adios pig. Oh, how I'd miss my ham!

amy said...

i would have to nix the pig & keep the cow. of your list of pork products, i only eat sausage, bacon, ham & rarely pepperoni... but none of these as often as i drink milk, eat ice cream, burgers, steak, ground beef (used for tacos, spaghetti, etc.) so... sorry piggy...check you on the flipside! LONG LIVE THE COW!

Anonymous said...

pigs have a split hoof and being jewish, i choose the BEEF!

ck