Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Mom's Don't Know Anything!

After lunch I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the park or on a walk. Ally persuading Drew started begging to go swimming. I was pretty sure this idea was a bad one since 4 inches of rain 2 days ago should make the pool fridged. I treked on down to the pool and realized was are lucky if the water temp is 78 degrees. That is chilly, but doable. Typically it is around 84 and it is cool but comfortable.

I told Ally that I didn't think she wanted to swim and that I would not be getting it. With more whining and begging (on mine and Ally's part), I lost. You will stay in and get your head wet - I promised! After spending 15 minutes getting their suits on - (I didn't bother with the sunscreen.), we put the ladder in and Ally dipped her feet - and shivered and said she was getting out - it was too cold. Oh no you aren't, jump in. I think they made it a womping 23 minutes.

Being sticky, hot (91), and humid, the kids played out on the deck to warm up and dry off. Quietness in the house!

No comments: