Thursday, August 23, 2007

Breakfast in the Van

I wish this picture showed the true mess Drew made in the car this morning. The story begins a couple days ago when my never-forget-anything daughter remembers that when we go to school we can stop at the store on the way and get donuts. Really, I didn't stop much last year, but I guess enough to ingrain it into her brain. I refused to stop, but promised that we would go to the grocery store and get some donuts for the next day.

We got what I thought everyone had wanted. Ally said she wanted white ones with no sprinkles and Drew is into anything with chocolate on top or powdered sugar. This morning we only had powdered sugar donuts and one chocolate but with pudding it in - my favorite. I am not a good sharer of my pudding donuts and had hoped to hide it while I got in the car. My excuse - it would make too much of a mess.

I didn't do such a great job as Drew spotted it immediately. Can I have a little bite? (repeat) Can I have a little bite? No I want a BIG bite. Okay I gave in and licked the pudding out so the mess wouldn't be made and he ate the remaining top of my chocolate donut. Does that count as being a servant???

Drew bragged to Ally - I got TWOOOOO donuts. On the way he managed to have powdered sugar everywhere and chocolate on his shirt. His face had the chocolate frosting to help the sugar stick even better.

I didn't plug in the video so they both talked the whole way constantly about the corn, beans, barns, tractors, and train (which we have managed to be stopped by everyday).

Kate (my wonderful science teacher friend) is taking them to school on Friday so I can go with Jason to the hospital for his nose job. I think that I won't give them donuts for her sake!!!

1 comment:

amy said...

nose job? is jason becoming more concerned about his looks as he ages?