Saturday, August 4, 2007

What a Week!

A week of VBS is over and it was a lot of fun. It is so different at a small church - Everyday I felt like I couldn't do it. I just didn't have the right words to say. How could I challenge these kids? I told my mom that I don't do well with pre-school and K-1. Her response was yes you do! You talk to them everyday. Talking to them and teaching them are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT concepts! I hope that I challenged them.

The curriculum wasn't my favorite and it was hard to work in the good news of Jesus, but with GOD's help - we made it. Praise the Lord - 2 kids came to know Christ through the week. This is a picture of all the kids with a BIG check for the missionary they raised money for. I would reveal the name, but I have been sworn to secrecy until they get the check. If you blow up the picture you can see my lovely drawing of Goliath on the back wall. I drew a life size poster of him based on Jason's dimensions. I had 2 buckets of dirt that weighed 100 pounds to represent how much his armor weighed. It painted a good picture of what David was up against.

My kids had a lot of fun too, or at least Ally did. They earned points for being there and learning verses. I was helping her pick out her prize. She is into "make-up" right now. (what 4 yr old girl isn't?) and I found a prize that said lip gloss. Oh I can handle cute pink lip gloss. That doesn't make a mess! Well we opened it up and it had more than just lip gloss! Some lovely blue eye-shadow. Great - so she plays with it because it was her prize for learning all those verses!

Drew on the other hand didn't make it through the week. On Thursday after a late night at Grandma Rhonda's wanted only his momma. I couldn't teach with a kid on my hip so Grandpa Charlie came and got him and they moved tractors around and fed the cows. He was a little young for VBS so I wasn't going to push the issue of staying. On Friday he went with Jason (on vacation for the day) to the job site for lunch and ate pizza on a bucket. That was better than Bible School!

No comments: