Sunday, August 5, 2007

Willis Picnic

Today we headed north for a Willis picnic. It was hot. It was humid. It really needs to just poor, but it never did. Good thing since we were at a park in a open shelter.

Drew and Ally kept Grandma Janelle, Uncle Jared and Aunt Allison moving. Jason and I sat back and snickered by the fan. I'll take my turn tomorrow!!! Drew would walk up to Jared - "unca jared, wanna play with me - peeeeease!" Ally wouldn't take no from Grandma - even when she wanted a breather. Grandma had brought some bats and lacrosse thingys to play with. New toys are cool. Drew had a red sweaty face most of the day. We got home pretty late, but had to wake them and give a quick bath - their feets and bodies were NASTY!!!!

Here is Jared and Allison taking lessons on how to shoot the rockets. The "big" boys ended up having a war with them, but the little guys kept getting in the way.

Jared and Allison also took a spanking to Jason and I in Bocce ball. I wish that I could say it was all me (it was mostly me), but Jason came in with a few clutch throws. I can say this because he won't defend his honor on the blog!!

One more week of freedom before school starts.

4 comments:

jared said...

thats ok. allison and i beat you last time we played spades...thanks to jason's "clutch" play. who takes tricks when their partner bids nil anyway?

i'm completely worn out today...be sure to thank your kids.

Brenda Rae said...

thanks for the spades reminder. Mental note: teach Jason how to play spades....

amy said...

still have never met jason's parents. guess i never will, now.

glad you guys had a fun day with the willis fam.

Brenda Rae said...

you did too meet Jason's mom - we were at your house when Sharon was there also.