Sunday, August 12, 2007

Trip to Minnesota

I know that this trip to Minnesota wasn't suppose to be fun, but like Grandma Arlene's funeral - this trip was full of fellowship and rejoicing. I am sure that Grandma was sitting on a cloud watching us, but not wishing to be with us since she was in such a better place. The funeral was full of testimony of her love and true devotion to Jesus.

I am very sad that she is gone because I wanted to know her more. I learned so much about her that I didn't know about. She had this devotion book that everyone kept talking about. I asked to look at it when we got back to Grandpa's apartment. I flip through all the pages. She started the book Streams in the Desert in the late 50s and read it over and over again. She had comments or underlining on about everyday - what was special to her, a tough time or a praise for that day.

I did enjoy seeing my family that lives so far away. I wish that we didn't have to get together for this sad times! Here are a few picts of the fun we had!

Here is Kaylee feeding Grandma Rhonda a chip. The donut in the other hand wasn't about to be shared. She was also telling us all the colors of sprinkles!

Grandma Lil's twin sisters - Mary and Martha. I am doomed. Grandma Arlene was also a twin. I praying that Rachel will get the blessing of twins.

Picture of all kids playing rockets. Amazing that my kids would stand still for this picture of 2 minutes earlier wouldn't for a family picture.

Aaron was inside washing dishes and didn't get to play with the little kids.

Aunt Lou, Uncle Mitch and crazy Matthew

Aunt Laura, Uncle Chuck and Nicole had to hustle back to Arizona to start school on Monday. On to have one more week! We missed Tyler - who is in Air Force tech school.

No comments: