Saturday, August 25, 2007

No Picture

Wow I am exhausted! I would post a picture and Jason asked several times yesterday if I was going to get one for the blog. What has my life come to? I can describe what he looked like. Picture Jason in a hospital gown with ties in the back not afraid to show his panties - I mean underware. Face - tired wishing he could breathe and tapped to the bottom of his nose a big piece of gauze that was changed about every hour. Nothing changed on the outside - still the big nose that Ally inherited during delivery. (inside joke if that didn't make sense.)

I have been running around with my head cut off making sure everything stays inline and everyone is taken care of. I hate being gone, but I was confident in my sub on Friday - the kids hate her because she doesn't let them mess around!!! Good for me!

Jason had surgery on Friday morning for 2 reasons. First - because his sleep study said he had sleep apnea and the dr. thought that straightening some stuff out up there would fix it hopefully. Second - because he loves his wife and prefers that she sleeps beside him instead of a jail cell. Mostly during allergy season it sounds like a freight train is going through our room and once I am awake there is no going back to sleep. (I slept very little from March to May.)

It is not a painful surgery since there are very little nerves there, but for the first 24 hours they stuff about 90 tampons up your nose - making the only way to breathe out your mouth. If you have ever tried to eat or sleep like that it makes it tough.

Due to my wonderful sister infecting my mom with a horrible cold, she was out for kid patrol. My dear friend Kate came to my rescue. She took the kids to school with her and picked them up. She got the taste of being a mini van momma for a day. Then her husband and her came back to watch them during the evening til Rachel could get here so I could be some company to Jason. I am not sure what Jim (Kate's husband) thought - it might have been some birth control for them.

We picked up Jason the this morning after a trip to the Golden Arches. I took Drew to the dr. since he sounds like Ariel on the Little Mermaid - no strep and his lungs are good - man he sounds like crap though! We are home and I have more to do than I can imagine.

Jason isn't under any restrictions except to not blow his nose for 2 weeks and if you know him well this will be one of the hardest tasks to do. This causes slight problems since it has rained like 40 inches this week and our grass is almost hiding our cars - he is allergic to the outdoors and the dust. I am going to attempt to mow and now hurt my arm but if you are in the area and know how to weed eat - I would love a visit!!!

Off to finish the laundry and cleaning the house. Hopefully the kids will nap good since they woke up at 6:23 this morning.

1 comment:

Kim Harms said...

Hope Jason is doing well. I can relate to the not breathing out of your nose. When I had jaw surgery my senior year of college, my face swelled up like a balloon and I couldn't breathe out of my nose at all and could barely open my mouth because I had thick rubberbands keeping it shut. Corey came and stayed with me at my folks house while I recovered and I kept telling him I was afraid to fall asleep, because I thought I'd stop breathing and die. He still jokes about it when I get a stuffy nose, but I was serious.