Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Big Wedding!

We typically don't have that many weddings since we are out of the college loop. We have had a couple weddings in July that have been an absolute thrill to attend. I got to work on both of the slide shows which help me get to know them a little bit more from all their childhood picts!

The first wedding (Jonna & Andy) was fun since we didn't have the kids with us! I had been mentoring Jonna throughout the spring. She went to Johnston Schools which is where I had my first teaching job. She was a 6th grader when I was there teaching 7th grade. Andy's family are friends with my cool friend - Sarah and went to EIBC. Scary if he should remember me as the crazy lifeguard! I also met a new blog friend from church there - even better!


The second wedding was extra special to us since we knew Luke from STL. All of the Kruse kids have babysat our kids and did a wonderful job. Jaci was our caregroup babysitter. Luke & Betsy are going to be missionaries with New Tribes. They head to Bible school in WI later this summer. They insisted on bringing the kids which was hard since Ally was only on day 4 with her tonsils out - just a little crabby. Drew danced the night away - from what I hear he has dance moves like his Uncle Jared.

2 comments:

Andrea G. said...

I am so happy to be your new blogging friend! I have been reading Emily's site through yours too and I am excited to look at the new blog layouts! :)

jared said...

the sad thing is, drew is actually better than me.