Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bold or Crazy?

Or just too tired to make rational decisions???? I was out to save us some money today. In the end, I saved us over $30 - so how did I do such a thing? I cut my kids' hair myself. A feat that I haven't ever done but really it shouldn't be that hard - can it?

I started with Ally. It takes them less than 5 minutes in the salon so really how hard is it? I just wanted to cut off about an inch. I was leaving room for error in my part so that I could humbly head to salon if need be to get it fixed. We got it done. I think that it looks alright, but it ended up being about 2 inches. Good thing I started with 1 inch. If you noticed in the previous post her hair was WAY below her shoulders. It is a little longer than shoulder length. Still is cute in pigtails - her style of choice to keep it out of her eyes.

Drew was going to be hard. The poor boy is so ticklish that they mess it up in the salon everytime when he wiggles. For me though - after getting over the intial shock of mom cutting his hair - he sat fairly still. I was going to use the clippers on it. I thought #4 would be too long so I went with a #3. HOLY COW a lot of hair came off with the first swipe. Drew's hair was a much faster masterpiece and is MUCH shorter than usual, but who cares it is summer and is cool for our sweaty boy. He still has more than Chuck! With each haircut he looks older and older.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura's been cutting my hair for over 30 years ... she doesn't use a #4 though, and I don't look like Drew! ha ... I'm not so sure he's winning in the "qty of hair" department though.

PS Tomorrow school starts for me. Last day of freedom. Have a great school year Bee.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness brenda! what happen to the poor kids hair?? You remember mom trying to cut chris's hair and chickens out half way through and traumatized me with the cutting of my bangs!! it's 30 bucks i'll cut your hair for free will see how it turns out.

Anonymous said...

I think you did a great job! I've been slaughtering haircuts around here for 12 years. Most turn out pretty good, other times, well... not so much! It all grows back though and they don't seem to care what they look like anyway.