Sunday, July 27, 2008

Garage Rising

What are the benefits of having a son that owns a framing compant, a son-in-law that has a ConEng degree and building experience, a newphew that loves to build, a brother that is handy and his wife that is all around servant - a good crew to build a garage! A couple weekends ago we put up a much needed garage for my parents. Okay - I didn't do much but sit back watch kids. Here are the boys comparing their stomachs - I mean muscles!

Lauryn barking out the orders.

Trusses going up! Chris is on this end and Jason on the other. Andy is in the middle. My dad is on the floor.

It is a small house if you ask me, but he has to put the tractor somewhere. My Dad slipped on the ice a couple time this past winter and that was the end of that. It seems that as us kids get out, the home improvements start.

Andy up high putting the last one in place.

They had the walls up mid-morning and the trusses were up in the middle of the afternoon. They got all but one side of the roof sheeted, but a NASTY thunderstorm came in about 9:00 to stop them short. From what I understand that by now it is shingled too.

No comments: