Sunday, July 27, 2008

Popsicle Chart

Do you have to bribe your child to eat popsicles? I think that we are good with the tonsils - she has her follow-up appt on Monday. But getting her to eat popsicles the few days after surgery was tough. I thought that she would gobble them up, but chewing was difficult. So I did what any good Mom would do. I made a chart with rewards attached to it. We counted the ones she ate in the hospital.

The first day I wanted her to get to 10 - which was an additional 4 popsicles. As you can see she got a story on the computer or games. It took over 2 days to get to that point. Then came the 15 which was a trip to Culvers to spend her gift card from Kate - it took a week to get there. Part of the dilema was that she wouldn't just suck on them. I had to crush them into a popsicle slushy. I was happy to do it. Do you know that a popsicle crushed down is less than 2 tablespoons?

It took about 7 days until she seemed to be pretty good. We had tylenol down her every 3 hours for the first week and then went to about 6 hours. Once and awhile she still asks for something if her throat hurts.

Now that she is good to go - she asked for another chart and is making up the rewards for herself!

No comments: