Tuesday, July 15, 2008

My Baby...

I feel like the worst mommy in the world, but I know that it was for the best. Today Ally had her tonsils out. She did well and is now sleeping. We have to get basically a bottle of water down her (300 mL), go potty and take a walk and then we can go home. Ally wants out of here NOW though.

Doctors and nurses are funny. They can't seem to be on the same page for anything. When the kids were born no one could agree if you should use alcohol on the belly button or not. Today the nurse said no activity for 2 weeks and only really soft foods for 2 wks. What???? I asked the doctor later and he said that she can do/eat whatever she feels like. GOOD because how do you hold down a 5 year old that wants to swim or swing?

So we will see - supposedly the hard days will be this weekend when Kaylee is here. I hope that Ally is the exception and does really well!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Ally...
We will pray for her. What is Ally's favorite color? Fiona would like to send her cards. I also do not know that I have your address! I know that I had it, but it is not on our mailing list at this moment, (or I can't find it) you can Facebook message it to me if you find the time. Fiona loves Ally. She asks to have her over, or go to your house, often! We need to get together, but then you have been saying that all summer!
Love you and give a love to Ally for the Berbs!
Sarah

Andrea G. said...

We'll pray for quick healing!

Anonymous said...

I remember when Makenna had her tonsils out. who cares if it is a, supposed, routine surgery. Nothing is routine when it is your child. We'll pray for a quick recovery.
Lori Mullikin