Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Fourth

Every year my Mom's birthday fall on the fourth of July. (that is a Jason joke so you can roll your eyes at him) We typically head to their church for a picnic and waterslides. Every year when we head back I know fewer and fewer people, but usually some extended family is there. Renae and Noel stopped by before heading to Chicago to fly out and see Debbie in Mexico. The Totten family (taught my kids to through Crisbees) and enjoyed the fun filled day.



Jason went with my dad and cousins golfing in the afternoon. I never did get an accurate count of how many balls were "lost." I do know that they almost got talked into a tournament which would have meant another 3-hour round and a 6 pack - woo hoo!

Later we went to Newton to see Grandpa in the care center and eat some birthday cake or pie. We tried to get back to Coralville to watch fireworks with neighbors but we misjudge the dark or people factor. We did see them but by ourselves - we will be better planners next year!

1 comment:

Jack and Sheryl said...

I love Drew's swimtrunks. I want a pair for Jack. :)